TV Equals is looking for passionate and prolific writers to contribute reviews and preview pieces on a regular basis. If you are interested, read our FAQ below for more information.
What kind of writers is TV Equals looking for?
- Review Contributors who can write a minimum of 5 reviews a week.
We are looking for people who love TV as much as we do. Emphasis on the word “Love”. If you can quote Walter (Breaking Bad) or Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation) in your sleep, then you are our kind of writer.
- Previews Contributor who can write a minimum of 2 articles a day.
We are looking for individuals who are extremely well versed in current entertainment so much so that they would constantly win at Trivial Pursuit – TV Edition.
Furthermore, we are looking for writers who have the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing and grammar skills (ie, Little to no proofreading is needed)
- Ability to write engaging copy that is concise, creative, and witty (ie don’t be boring)
- Ability to work with editorial feedback (ie, can take constructive criticism well)
- A self starter (ie, we don’t have to remind you to write your review)
- Ability to deliver reviews/opinion articles on time (ie, if it’s due at a certain time, you send it by that time)
- Attention to detail
- Responsive to emails (if it takes you more than 24hours to respond to an email, this is not for you)
- Experience writing for a blog is considered an asset though not required
- Knowledge of WordPress is considered an asset though not required
What do I get out of writing for TV Equals?
Money. Not a lot of money, but money nevertheless. We pride ourselves on being one of the few TV blogs that compensates its writers for their work.
However, since we are not part of a big corporation we are not able to compensate writers at the same level they would. So if you are looking for a big pay day, this might not be it.
On the other hand, if you are a budding writer, this is a great opportunity to get your name out there and build a following of readers. Also, if you already have a blog, this could be a great way to get exposure for it.
Which TV shows are currently available to cover?
Up All Night
Mike & Molly
Person of Interest
Two and a Half Men
The Amazing Race
Note: If a show is not on the list, it is either because it is already covered or we are not looking to provide reviews for it.
Are you looking for any guest posts?
Not at this time.
What do I need to do apply?
Email the following to info [at] tvequals [dot] com with the subject TV Equals Writer:
- Tell us what you are interested in writing for us (reviews/previews)
- A short bio (no more than 3 sentences)
- Resume, if available (copy paste – no attachment)
- Write a short paragraph answering the following question “What is your favorite TV show and why?”
- Links to previous published articles (if available)
What happens after I apply?
Once you email your application, we will contact you only if your application is retained. Unfortunately due to time constraints, we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
If you have any questions that aren’t answered, feel free to contact us through our contact page.