If you are a fan of the ABC soap Revenge, you are probably wondering just what is going to happen next especially since there are only a few new episodes left with 2012 coming closer and closer to an end.
But, what I think would be more interesting to ponder is what viewers would LIKE to see happen rather than just discuss the limited tidbits of what the powers that be behind the show have – albeit begrudgingly – revealed in the press for upcoming episodes.
With as many characters as the show has there really is a lot to consider in terms of future storylines. Let’s take a look at some of the plot points we know:
• Fauxmanda (Margarita Levieva) and Jack (Nick Wechsler) have gotten engaged and are building a family (despite the lies and secrets buried deep within Amanda – nee Emily’s – life);
• Emily (Emily VanCamp) is spending more and more time with past love and fellow Takeda “student” Aiden (Barry Sloane); but seems just as determined to bring down the Grayson family;
• Victoria (Madeline Stowe) and Conrad (Henry Czerny) renewed their vows, but the celebration was interrupted by the police coming to arrest Conrad for the murder of the Gordon Murphy otherwise known as the white-haired man (James Morrison);
• That led to Helen (Wendy Crewson) the spokesperson behind the Initiative showing up at the prison to reign in Conrad not to mention somehow getting him out from behind bars despite the severity of the charges lodged against him; and,
• Mason Treadwell (Roger Bart) is back in town on edging closer to learning the truth about Amanda and Emily switching places despite their best efforts to lead him astray.
Now, with all that said, what would you like to see happen with these and the other characters on the show? Here are some ideas I have:
• Kara (Jennifer Jason Leigh), Amanda’s mother, who is visiting the Hamptons and staying with the Grayson’s (of all places), gets the better of Victoria – at least temporarily;
• Emily actually makes a deal with Mason, who discovers the truth about the long-ago switch, and he joins her team with the stipulation that he gets the elusive rights to tell the story once Emily has the full revenge she is seeking;
NOTE: I wrote this piece right before Sunday night’s episode so the above idea seems quite insightful if I say so myself.
• The fall that Fauxmanda took at the Grayson mansion, which resulting in the induced coma, actually starts to have side effects on her memory, creating problems between not only she and Emily but also she and Jack;
• The Initiative start pulling the strings even tighter on Victoria and Conrad, allowing for the murder of Gordon to fall squarely on Conrad’s shoulders if the ‘couple’ doesn’t toe the line completely for the nefarious organization; and,
• Nolan gets the upper-hand in the investigation that Daniel (Josh Bowman) has waged against him where the donation made by Emily’s dad David is concerned.
What do you want to see happen on the second season of Revenge? Please share your thoughts below.